Info for the pressNederlands
Info and tickets
Oerol: see a lot of new productions
Oerol, the Dutch festival and year round centre for site specific theatre, is located on the island of Terschelling in the middle of the Unesco protected wadden sea. Oerol connects emerging artists with a large audience and aims to be a living lab on culture and nature. Oerol is supported by the Dutch Performing Art Fund, The Province of Fryslan and the Municipality of Terschelling. Main Sponsors are Rederij Doeksen, the Friends of Oerol Foundation and the Terschellinger Entrepeneurs Fund. Oerol is key-partner of In Situ; the European network for artistic creation in public space funded with European Comission Support.
For the press, Oerol is the place to see new productions. Each year, the festival presents dozens of premieres and a range of different productions from its own Atelier. Talented theatre-makers both established and new choose Oerol as the showcase for their new work, alongside an extensive programme of smaller experimental performances, landscape art and many musical performances. National TV (AVRO) airs live from Oerol five nights during the festival. During the festival, journalist of all national newspapers are present at the island to report on Oerol. See these pages for press releases and for information on accreditation. At the moment we are working on a page for visual material.
Oerol 2017 9 t/m 18 juni Oerol 2018 15 t/m 24 juni Oerol 2019 14 t/m 23 juni Oerol 2020 12 t/m 21 juni Oerol 2021 11 t/m 20 juni Oerol 2022 10 t/m 19 juni
Oerol 2017 takes place from the 9th until the 18th of June. Oerol is the perfect place to see new theatre shows and to speak to artists, musicians and theatre makers about upcoming projects. Each year, the festival features dozens of premieres and a variety of productions from its own Atelier. Renowned and upcoming talented theatre makers present new work and there’s an extensive programme filled with small experimental pieces, land art and many musical performances. The festival gives theatre makers, artists, musicians and professionals a chance to exchange knowledge and to talk about upcoming projects.
Oerol invites journalists and reporters to cover the festival.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Accredited journalists are expected to place an announcement and to cover the festival in the media which they work for.
- Coverage of Oerol, (whether in print or audiovisual media) is expected to be sent to us as soon as it is published. Continued accreditation is partly based on previous coverage of the festival. –
- Oerol doesn’t reimburse traveling expenses, neither will it arrange accommodation. We recommend you book your ferry and accommodation as soon as possible.
- The Marketing & Communication department of Oerol have a final say in whether or not a press accreditation will be provided.
- As journalist/reporter you can apply for an accrediation for Oerol. We give a maximum of 2 accreditations per medium (for instance: a reporter and a photographer). If we’ve given you your accreditation, you can use it to order free tickets
during our special online presale period. You’ll receive a festival pass that lets you onto the festival terrain and the Guest register. During the festival, you can receive extra tickets for free there. You also receive a free wristband that gives you access to the expeditionprojects and the musical performances at the festival terrain. For questions send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Each festival we organize a number of meetings and lectures exclusively accessible for artists, press and professionals. Check the Professionals page for more information.
For 2017, the press accreditation will close at the 21th of april.
Accreditation form 2017
Press releases Oerol 2015
Press releases 201422/06 Sluiting Oerol 201411/06 100% Terschelling tijdens Oerol de wereld in26/05 Dinsdag start verkoop 100.000 theaterkaarten Oerol 201430/04 Opening Oerol 2014
Press releases 20138/10 Oerol Juryrapport Leeuwarden14/3 Eddie Izzard komt terug naar Oerol15/1 Oerol 2013 - Sense of Place10/1 Introductie Oerol Ondernemersclub
Press releases Oerol 20121/8 Fonds Podiumkunsten steunt Oerol24/6 Afsluiting Oerol 201229/5 Publiek op onderzoek1/7 Provincie Friesland juicht te hard7/2 Zomerfestivals in bloei door BGL20/1 Els Swaab nieuwe bestuursvoorzitter Oerol
DownloadsOerol Poster 2016Oerol Logo 2016Oerol logo 2016 with dateOerol Sense of Place LogosetOerol Pin 2016Wadland booklet SLeM - may only be used for press purposesReport Sense of Place Symposium 2015Report Sense of Place Symposium 2014 - WaddenacademieReport Sense of Place Seminar 2013 - Oerol